Friday, May 16, 2008

What a "lovely" day.

I got back to my house 20 minutes from the time I'd left, with a thirst for more than just the morning coffee in my right hand. It is Tuesday, a day in which new music and movies are released nationwide on digital formats for our consumer needs. I hadn't anticipated any particular new releases, but I knew I'd find something, anything to put further stress on my iPod's hard drive in no more than thirty seconds of riffling through the iTunes store.

I hit the 128 kb/s jackpot when I discovered AFI had a new album out!



I immediately purchased the album and gulped down my coffee with great anticipation as the songs downloaded to my computer and transferred over to my iPod. I cancelled my 12:30 business luncheon and went out for a long nature walk to really absorb the new songs; to take in every note and become one with the music.

I'd like to share with you my review as it appears on iTunes. I typically write six-word record reviews, but this release is so special, so enchanting...I felt the need to go above and beyond--a reflection, if you will, of the album itself.

(click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment